How you control noise may not be something you think about every day; but, the acoustics in your home, office or restaurant are vital in terms of comfort and experience.
There are a range of design choices which can contribute to the build-up of noise and excessive echo - such as use of hard flooring, exposed ceilings, large glass elements and clear walls. However, there are simple ways to absorb the excess sound, without compromising on your rooms design.
Adding our sustainable acoustic panels allows the sound to be absorbed, minimising echo and reducing the noise level, which in turn decreases stress levels and creates clear communication. All panels are lightweight and easy to install, plus come with fixings as standard.
We always recommend a combination of Solo's and Akusto's within a space, close to the point where the sound is created (the noisy humans) however, we know this isn't always possible.
If you are using only one solution, you may require additional panels in order to increase the amount of absorption.
If you're looking to improve the sound in your space but you are not sure which one of our solutions to choose, then continue reading, however if you require more in-depth acoustic knowledge regarding each of the individual sizes and shapes - please visit the product data page: Solo Circle, Solo Square & Akusto One
FOR THE CEILING: SOLO
The absorption area of an Ecophon Solo panel depends on the distance between the ceiling and the product. Increasing the distance between the ceiling and the panel will normally increase the absorption area at medium and high frequencies, i.e. between 500 Hz and 4000 Hz. At a certain distance, approximately 1 meter, there is no additional effect of increased distance and the maximum absorption area is reached.
- Akutex painted surface - allowing for daily dusting and vacuum cleaning as well as weekly wet wiping.
- Quickly demountable
- Fire Safety: The glass wool core of the tiles is tested and classified as non-combustible according to EN ISO 1182.
- Can take both point loads and distributed loads -allowing lighting to be fitted into the panel
- Fully recyclable
- 2 standard colours available - as well as over 20 special colours in both Square and Circle -These do have a lead time of 3-6 weeks, but we promise they’ll be worth the wait.
FOR THE WALL: AKUSTO
Akusto One are available in variety of colours in our Texona finish (a fabric finish, cleaning can be performed weekly). As a general rule you should aim to cover at least 20-40% of the wall area. The size of the total absorption area is important, the more vertical absorbers you can fit in a room the better. Preferably the wall absorbers should be placed on two adjacent walls.
The distances between absorbers, the distribution of the absorbers on the walls and the orientation of rectangular absorbers have a minor effect on the room acoustics. However, increasing the distance between absorbers increases absorption efficiency (up to 0.5 m apart) and distributing the absorbers over different walls is more effective than putting them on only one wall.
- Rectangular absorbers work slightly better when placed horizontally, provided they cover the listening/speaking zone
- Easily demountable
- Fire Safety: The glass wool core of the tiles is tested and classified as non-combustible according to EN ISO 1182, Akusto wall panel is tested to fire standard EN 13501-1 and classed A2-s1,d0.
- Fully recyclable
- Certified by the Indoor Climate Labelling, recommended by the Swedish Asthma and Allergy Association.
- Standard fixings included with the option to upgrade for more precision
If you have any more questions regarding acoustic ceiling or wall solutions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if you are looking for precise performance information, we would recommend you contact a qualified acoustician.